Hi again,
asking people on this mailing list to generate a MDK8.2 kernel that I can use
on my Twentieth Anniversary Mac (TAM) with a SONNET G3/L2 upgrade.
No kernel (until 2.2.20 or 2.4.19pre8) is bootable up to now (reason "lost
interrupts" in ide driver using MDMA mode 2).

benH recommends to generate a kernel w/o DMA support. Unfortunatedly I cannot
compile such a version to test.

Is there a volunteer out there ....?

Got help anf valuable feedback up to now from MDK and benH (of course!)
   THANKS.

On the other side, SONNET did not help.

Michael
--- Begin Message ---
>sorry but I cannot compile using latest source. Is there no other 2.4.x
>kernel that I can use? I refrain from installing a recent gcc (2.95.3 or
>- since today a 3.1) with all impacts like glibc,.... on my 1999
>installation. Consider this "instant death".
>
>My plan was to first see if I can successfully boot a newer (2.4. *i.e.
>G3) kernel before whiping my old (non-G3) linux from disk....Maybe I have
>to switch prios and investigate in OS X?

Well, we should be able to make it work...

Ask on the mailing list if someone can compile you a recent kernel
without the DMA stuff

Ben.

--- End Message ---