> I recently received oldish G3 PowerBook 466Mhz, and since I've never been a
> Mac person at all I thought I'd give Mandrake 8.2 a go. However not being a

> I've also tried the BootX installation but unpacking
> Mandrake_Linux_Install.sit  gave me "type -39 error"

That machine is old-world and yaboot will NOT work [hence Mandrake-CD is
not bootable].  BootX is the only chance (well miboot or quik but they are
not supported in Mandrake).  Just follow the instructions for typing in
the arguments to BootX -- use the vmlinux-2.2 kernel,
options->ramdisk->install-2.2-ramdisk etc.  There is a webpage + an older
copy on the CD but I am short on details cos I am at a conference.

My Wallstreet II works fine this way.  In MacOS use apple profiler to
check which machine you have.  The bootX script that you tried requires
applescript to run -- check if that is installed -- it is on the MacOS CD.

Q.