Yes this is true - if no CD in drive when software manager is run then DEATH!

i can confirm this as a problem...

--
Adam Wolter
Office of Technical Services (OTS)

'phone - +61 7 387 57940
  FAX - +61 7 387 53994
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

we come to serve \V/

Jeroen Diederen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

17/07/02 04:58 PM
Please respond to cooker-ppc

        To:        <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: Software manager crashes whole system on oldworld mac

On 16/7/02 23:10, "Stew Benedict" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Tue, 16 Jul 2002, Jeroen Diederen wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have a problem wit SoftwareManager. I Installed Mdk 8.2 on a PM 7600. The
>> problem is that each time I want to start Softwaremanager, the whole system
>> freezes. Basically I cannot install any program from the CD. Is this a known
>> bug ? Is there a fix to this ?
>>

> Not a known bug.  There was an issue with downloading updates, which was
> corrected with the grpmi update. Installations from CD worked OK as
> shipped.
>
> Stew Benedict

Just clicking on the rpm from the CD, opens the softinst program without a
problem. Probably if the CD is not in the CDROM and I open softinst it
crashes on my OldWorld machine.
Best regards,

Jeroen Diederen
http://diederen.demon.nl