>I've used XFdrake and now I can't open X11 cause I get only a black
>screen.

me too, after more than 3 completes re-installs of mdk-cooker.

>I can't try other configurations cause any time I test it I get the
>black screen
>and I've to reset via hardware (and the filesystem isn't happy ;)..

for me ctrl+alt=backspace works in order to reboot cleanly now.
but you have also to wait enough time...

>So I would like to go back and use Xpmac again, but .. how do I have to
>do it ?

that's easy :

put the right cdrom

and then type as root :

urpmi XFree86-Xpamc

>P.S.
>About my problem with the internet.. I've found (thanks to a friend)
>wich was
>the problem: I must set up, once connected, the default route to ppp0
>using
>the command "route add -net default dev ppp0" as super user.
>But I don't know why the ppp0 interface doesn't start at startup as eth0
>and lo ..
>so I've to do this thing any time I connect to the internet.

i do have something the like. kppp isn't working (pppd time out) however a :

ifup/ifdown ppp0

works well, again as root...

--
Yvon Thoraval