On Sat, 20 Jul 2002, Anne et Bertrand wrote:

> I've installed BenH 2.4.19-rc2 kernel on my 8.2ppc. And as announced,
> the weird 603e bug (that prevented me from using mdk 8.2 kernel and let
> me stuck to 2.4.4 from 8.0) seems to really have disappeared. I have
> waited so long after this ! Especially these days, when 2.4.4 seems to
> be unstable with Gnome2.
> Now 2.4.19 runs like a charm.
>
> It's discussed now on general cooker list about feature freeze for the
> next 386 release. Is there a chance that this -when released and
> stable- kernel will be included in the next ppc release ?
>
> Better : could there be some day a compiled kernel (and/or its sources)
> for 8.2ppc in the upgrade section of the mirrors ?

The cooker kernel builds with the disabling of some non-essential modules.
I thought I had requested this change, but haven't seen it trickle through
yet.

Unless Ben's changes have gone back to kernel.org, the fix you are looking
for wouldn't show up in the Mandrake kernel.  I'd have to try and discern
what the changes were and patch them in.

MandrakeSoft
PPC FAQ: http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/ppcFAQ.php3
IRC: irc.openproject.net #cooker-ppc