On Tue, Jul 23, 2002 at 11:35:54AM -0600, Vincent Danen wrote:
> I'm a little confused.  I can put the system to sleep if I'm in
> console mode and it wakes up just fine.  But if I'm in KDE3 when it
> falls asleep, the whole system hangs... it wakes up, shows my desktop,
> but the keyboard won't work (I can move the mouse, clicks don't work).
>
> I had thought that pmud wasn't working on this machine until I tested
> on the console... sure enough, it works peachy, just not in KDE3.
> IIRC, it worked in KDE2.  I haven't tried any other WM yet.
>
> Anyone else experience this and maybe now a workaround?
>
> BTW, KDE3 packages for 8.2/ppc should be hitting the mirror sites in
> the next few hours.  Other than a few quirks, they work for me... =)
> When 9.0 is final, or if any package has significant changes, I'll
> rebuild them and update them on the mirrors (in
> unsupported/8.2/ppc, BTW).
>
> I'll post a note when they seem to be hitting the rest of the world
> (currently uploading to our mirror host right now).

Being on vacation I've noticed this problem myself.  I have a Powerbook
G4 (Titanium) with the Rage 128 Mobility.  It wasn't until realtively
recently that I've had this problem.  So I think one of the security
updates did it actually.  I know stock 8.2 worked fine for me.  I
haven't taken the time to install each set of updates one by one until I
found the problem since I'm on vacation...

--
Ben Reser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://ben.reser.org

We tend to see all wars through the lens of the current conflict, and we
mine history for lessons convenient to the present purpose.
- Brian Hayes