> I think I'm lost on what you're trying to accomplish.  Working 8.2 or
> cooker?  As I said, cooker will have issues.  I doubt kde or gnome will be
> fully functional, as a number of the needed files are not present on the
> mirrors.  You should be able to get a functional command line environment
> though, and probably X with a more basic window manager.
>
> Your other alternative is to use
the 8.2 update packages available on the
> club, to get the newer apps.

Since a clean cooker install doesn't work for me, I try first to install 8.2 then
upgrade. I don't really want a minimal install (I want X to work at least) but I just
wanted to report the bug with minimal 8.2 --> It crash in text mode.

For the clean cooker install, the problem seems to be in one of the script during the
installation. When I reboot, there's no hdaxx inside the /dev/ so it can't be mount. I
tried to make a "ln -s" to the /dev/ide/....../partxx but doesn't survive a reboot. Is
it a devfs problem ?

The only problem to install gnome2 seems to be the sgml-common package. It is not
recent enough four the taste of doc-dtd412, so scrollkeeper. So I got a
/etc/xml/catalog missing or empty.
Icewm-light works well but I'm using fbdev.

P.