On Wed, 6 Nov 2002, Alex Horvath wrote:

> Re: Mouse Problemswhat other protocols are available, other than IMPS/2 ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> AH

Lots.

gpm -t help

Will list a a slew.

If it's any help, here's entry on my RS6K, w/o a wheel mouse:

[root@rs6000 root]# cat /etc/sysconfig/mouse
MOUSETYPE=ps/2
XMOUSETYPE=PS/2
FULLNAME="PS/2|Standard"
XEMU3=yes
WHEEL=no
device=psaux

Remember, this is a special case, sort of a hybrid of PC style hardware
with a PowerPC processor.

Here's the same on an iMac, with std 1-button mouse:

[stew@imac stew]$ cat /etc/sysconfig/mouse
MOUSETYPE=ps/2
XMOUSETYPE=PS/2
FULLNAME="USB|1 button"
XEMU3=yes
WHEEL=no
device=usbmouse

Powerbook with adb touchpad and external USB wheel mouse:

[stew@powerbook stew]$ cat /etc/sysconfig/mouse
MOUSETYPE=ps/2
XMOUSETYPE=IMPS/2
FULLNAME="USB|Wheel"
XEMU3=no
WHEEL=yes
device=usbmouse

I need to resurrect the 7600, or I'd list it too.

Whether it's adb or usb doesn't matter, provided you're using the mandrake
kernel and:

/dev/mouse -> /dev/usbmouse -> /dev/input/mice

What exactly is going on with your mouse?  I haven't seen any issues on
mice aside from a known one with adb mice and kdm, where the mouse is
frozen.

MandrakeSoft
PPC FAQ: http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/ppcFAQ.php3
IRC: irc.openproject.net #cooker-ppc