Hello Dan,

I don't know much about the keyboard (after installation it worked, and I had
no need to change that) but I can give you my settings:
in the CLI (runlevel 3) I started (as root) the command keyboarddrake. In my
case (I use an Apple extended keyboard on a PM7600-based machine) it says:
"US keyboard" and I can change that easily.
What does your machine say, and if something else: can you change that?

Bob.