Yep.  Everyone knows that. However, the driver would
be a way to sport software RAID throughout all OSes
(Linux, MacOS, Mac OS X, etc.).

There's also the feature to decrypt/encrypt the drive
at the block storage driver level in the ROM, outside
of the OS.  I like that one, but this brings up a
question: Can linux encrypt a partition and mount the
encyrpted partition at a paticular mount point?

 - Joaquin

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=mandrake-cooker-ppc&r=1&w=2