Le ven 03/01/2003 à 21:38, Rick Thomas a écrit :
> I signed up for Mandrake Club Silver membership and my credit card was
> charged (almost immediately) on December 22nd.
>
> It's been well over a week and I've heard nothing from Mandrake about a
> nickname or password.
>
> Has anybody else had this experience?  Are Mandrake so short of cash
> that they can't even process new memberships?
>

> Rick

I might add that I preordered my copy of MDK 9.0 and a discount 8.2PPC
from Mandrake via it's web site prior to the European release date. I've
still as yet to receive anything from Mandrakesoft, despite a telephone
conversation with the French Finance Director and e-mail assurances that
my order would be dealt with promptly, and that I would be entitled to 6
months free membership. Needless to say, when I received their e-mail
asking for cash to support development or to upgrade my membership
status I responded with a not too friendly e-mail. I have always been a
fond supporter and buyer of Mandrake products, but I must say that this
was the last straw as far as I am concerned. A company that can not keep
its promises to paying customers does not deserve my continued custom.
It's a shame as I wanted to try out the PPC on my firm's Macs,
essentially to effect the transition from MSOffice to OpenOffice.org.
Never mind, looks like it's going to be YellowDog or something similar.

Alex