Ian Robertson wrote:

Hi,

I have a couple of problems with the install procedure for Mandrake 8.2.
I have a 7500 which has been upgraded to a 7600 (120Mhz 604 card)
I have a minimal install of OS 9.1 on the first partition, (100 Meg).
The other 1.9 Meg I left as blank unformated.

I downloaded the images and burned both CD's on my OS 10.2.3 PowerBook using Disk Copy as per the instructions. That all went fine, however, I can't boot my 7500 from the CD.

I unstuffed the install.sit on my laptop and copied the files over to the 7500.
First problem I encounter is an Applescript error when I run the installer.
Dialog box pops up with;
"Welcome to Mandrake Linux PPC!" doesn't understand the <<event sysodlog>> message.

I have run the BootX app manually and selected the vmlinux kernel and the ram disk image, set the size to 34000 and reboot.
I choose CD for the install, then I get "No CD Found error" & have to select mesh.o for the driver.
I get prompted for options at this point but do not enter any.
The installer runs the first stage fine but when it goes to the second stage I get a blank screen and the box just hangs .

When I run the same scenario with vmlinux2.2 kernel and the 2.2 ram disk image the installer runs the first stage fine but when it goes to the second stage I get;
"Install exited abnormally :-( received signal 9"
sending termination
unmounting etc...
reboot in 180 sec.

Any ideas????
I did a successful "text-install" on my PM 7600. It worked after that and X worked with a bit of tweaking. Just try this and post your results please.