Hi Stew,

On Thursday 16 January 2003 03:10 pm, Stew Benedict wrote:
> FYI folks - feedback welcome

  The new Beta installed real nice on a 550MHz TiBook, and the graphical
installer even filled the entire screen : )

  Initially I had package installation errors when performing a CD-based
installation; then I copied everything to an FTP server and no longer had any
problems.

  The KDE desktop looks the same as the PC Beta, but the Mandrake Control
Center won't launch:

[root@localhost phil33]# mcc &
[1] 1992
[root@localhost phil33]# Can't load '/usr/lib/libDrakX/auto/Newt/Newt.so' for
module Newt: libnewt.so.0.50: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory at /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/ppc-linux-thread-multi/DynaLoader.pm line
229. at /usr/lib/libDrakX/interactive/newt.pm line 12
Compilation failed in require at /usr/lib/libDrakX/interactive/newt.pm line
12.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/lib/libDrakX/interactive/newt.pm
line 12.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/lib/libDrakX/interactive.pm line 110.
[root@localhost phil33]#

  Many of the individual Mandrake utilities (such as rpmdrake) won't run from
a terminal: "This program cannot be run in console mode." Strange, because it
normally launches the program in graphical mode.

  The cursor in KDE is white (probably because of the Radeon) which makes it
invisible on any white background. But these are probably just general Cooker
issues.

  Thanks Stew. Please let me know if you need any additional info.

Bye,
Phil