I've just loaded Mandrake-PPC 8.2 on a PM 9600/350 as I use Mandrake on my Intel box.
My trouble is that when I try to boot to Linux the kernel stops loading at

Uniform Multy-Platform E-IDE driver Revision: 6.31
ide: Assuming 33MHz system bus speed for PIO modes; override with idebus=xx

I've tried changing it to 50MHz and it still stops at the same point.
Nothing in BootX seems to make any difference.

My machine config is as follows.
9600/350
Mac OS 8.6 on scsi id4
mdk linux 8.2 on scsi id0 /hfs500meg/ext2/swap/ext2
9x32meg ram 288m total
Display card ims,tt128mb8a (ps is the video option for this video=ims,tt128mb8a ?)
initrd-2.4.18-6.1mdk.img (have tryed using this as ram disk and not to no efect)
vmlinuz-2.4.18-6.1mdk
BootX v1.2.2

What am I doing wrong????
Ill try anything