On Fri, 7 Feb 2003, Brook Humphrey wrote:

> On Friday 07 February 2003 12:41 pm, Stew Benedict wrote:
> > On Fri, 7 Feb 2003, Brook Humphrey wrote:
> > > Ok for the first time I was able to get this thing on my old 7300 with g3
> > > upgrade card. One thing I am curious about is how in the world do I
> > > actually boot to the os with bootx? All I can find are kernels for doing
> > > the install. What am I missing here?
> > > --
> >
> > BootX folder on CD1?  kernels and initrds should be in there.
> >
> > Stew Benedict
>
> They are but only for booting the cdrom and not to get into the os once it's
> installed. Unless I just don't understand something.
>
> I did find on the cooker mirriors a directory under misc called bootx-kernels
> or something like this but they are not on the cd's.

huh?

[stew@powerbook stew]$ ls /mnt/cdrom/BootX/
initrd-2.4.20-2mdk.img-ext2  Mandrake_Linux_Install.sit
initrd-2.4.20-2mdk.img-ext3  vmlinuz-2.4.20-2mdk*

Those initrd and vmlinuz are for the installed system.  The others are in
/boot.

MandrakeSoft
PPC FAQ: http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/ppcFAQ.php3
IRC: irc.freenode.net #cooker-ppc