On Wed, Feb 12, 2003 at 11:13:55AM +1100, Ken Simpson wrote:
> Have followed Stew's excellent little tute on how to get started and
> get to the last phase where it goes looking for the packages, but
> can't find the base system. I have no idea where to go from here (it
> also says the VERSION file is missing earlier if that helps).
>
> It is a real recent mirror of the RPM directory, is there anything
> else other than what is unpacked from the 9.2cooker......tgz file
> that I need?
>
> Can anyone point me to a tool that will maintain the mirror now
> without trying to download the whole heirarchy of not only the
> ppc/rpm directory but everything else as well? (which seems to be
> what wget is doing)

Stew told me that the mirrors were all really messed up.  Right now the
best way to install is with the beta CDs...

--
Ben Reser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://ben.reser.org

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy. She is
the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the
champion only of her own." -- John Quincy Adams, July 4th, 1821