On Thu, 13 Feb 2003, Daniel R. Broemmelsiek wrote:

> I'll bet that offices are generally stocked from catalogs where the price of a
> 650MB is less than a 700MB.  I doubt that very many people buy fixed or
> quasi-re-writeable media based on price/MB storage.  Hence the outrage that I
> can't just go and swipe a few 650's and get the new distro.

:)

> By the way, we have a Red Hat based distro here at FNAL, on which the second
> install iso >650MB and my secretary only has 700MB RWs and my computer at
> home has a 6 year old cdrom drive that can't recognize RW discs.  I can't
> seem to make the Yamaha cd-writer bootable either.  Just an example of the
> aggravations possible.  Nothing insurmountable ;).

These are the types of complaints I saw on the main cooker list. Thanks

> Dan
>
> ps QT designer on the 9.1beta does not work.  Splash screen then some kind of
> corrupted list message from QT.

Seems to be working here, built Feb 8, 2003

[stew@powerbook perl-install]$ rpm -qf /usr/bin/designer-qt3
libqt3-devel-3.1.1-9mdk

Probably newer than the ISO - can you try to update?

MandrakeSoft
PPC FAQ: http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/ppcFAQ.php3
IRC: irc.freenode.net #cooker-ppc
Archives: http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=mandrake-cooker-ppc&r=1&w=2