Oops, that should have gone to the list, no to you personally... Is there a reason why you are using a reply-to header?

modprobe dmasound_pmac
/lib/modules/2.4.20-2mdk/kernel/drivers/sound/dmasound/ dmasound_pmac.o.gz: init_module: No such device
Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters, including invalid IO or IRQ parameters.
You may find more information in syslog or the output from dmesg
modprobe: insmod /lib/modules/2.4.20-2mdk/kernel/drivers/sound/dmasound/ dmasound_pmac.o.gz failed
modprobe: insmod dmasound_pmac failed

I'm using the benh kernel because thats the only one that would aloow the installer to work. Also, there are no entries in /dev/sound. It's an empty directory.
"/lib/modules/2.4.20-2mdk/..." doesn't look like you're really using the benh kernel. Even if you use benh for the installer, the installed system by default uses the 2.4.20-2mdk kernel. You have to install it manually from the CD (or even better, use the newer version from <http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~sbenedict/cooker-ppc/kernel-benh- 2.4.20-5mdk.ppc.rpm>).

I had the same problem with 2.4.20-2mdk on my 867MHz TiBook, but with benh-2.4.20-5mdk, it works fine.

-Christian