On Sun, 9 Mar 2003, entropy wrote:

> sorry, i obviously wasn't explicit with that.. yeah, in beta2, it
> wasn't a problem. personally it doesn't really bother me that i can't
> get a graphical installer. i would have only mentioned that for your
> bug tracking benefit. however, regular use of X is for my benefit =D
> which i am not getting, despite a seemingly trouble free-installation.
>
> during the install, i checked out Xconf. looks normal.
> Device: r128
> options use FBDEV "TRUE"
>
> that's the only thing that looked remotely interesting. oh, by the way,
> in case i am stupid. x has no problem opening with screen0 ? it's
> default right?
>
> what else can i do?

Yes screen0 is default.  OK, so the installer aside, what happens when you
"startx" in the installed system?  Does replacing r128 with fbdev, or
using the config someone else posted a couple of days ago do anything for
you?  Does the installer created XF86Config-4 have "UseFBDev"?

MandrakeSoft
PPC FAQ: http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/ppcFAQ.php3
IRC: irc.freenode.net #cooker-ppc
Archives: http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=mandrake-cooker-ppc&r=1&w=2