Hello guys,

I have decided to re-install Linux on my powermac 7600. After rebooting my
mac (contol-alt-power) My linux installtion found problems in the disk that
could not be repaired.

I proceeded to format my hd, one partition for Mac OS (250Mb) and the rest
for linux (extra partition).

Double clicked on Mandrake Install script, selected text installation, I
could never install under graphic installation. The installer boots, asks
for language, I selected spanish, (my first installation was in english).
The installer prepares the files to begin installation.

And I got this message:

"In second stage install
Kernel panic exception in kernel pc c01539a0 signal 4"

What is that? I have selected Kernel 2.2, and all2.2.gz

Please help me.... could be a defective hard drive? Thank you very much.

Regards

Pablo