On Mon, 31 Mar 2003, Walt Costanza wrote:

> I carefully went through the entire app list and tried to add many
> packages. They then all failed to install for "no signature",
> including netatalk. Is this just a function of this being rc and not
> final?

Do the the ISOs being built here, and not from the official Paris
repository.  I could build them from there, but then things would really
be broken, as those sources aren't too good. I probably should have
reprocessed all the packages and signed them, but I neglected to do so.

> With the default look and feel windows can only be grabbed from the top
> and bottom.

Not PPC specific I don't believe.  Window manager behavior.

> When gimp installs and also a main page somewhere within "linuxconfig"
> the defualt screen height is much greater than the 768 of this lcd and
> many monitors. As a result it is not possible to complete the install
> of gimp or use the functions from the linuxconfig page untill one
> figures out how to use "move" because the action buttons are off the
> bottom of the screen.  Many a new user will be completely frustrated by
> this. A much smaller default window size would be best or at least
> resizing of windows from top corners on by default.

You lost me completely on this one.  Gimp here opens with 3 small windows
and the "hint" screen.  I don't really use linuxconf, as Mandrake's tools
provide most of that functionality. Or are you talking about rpmdrake in
all this? I uninstalled gimp and linuxconf and reinstalled using rpmdrake,
and yes, I observed the gpg signature issue, but at no time during the
install was anything off screen (1024x768).  This is using KDE.  I also
removed my ~/.gimp* directory and went back through the initially user
setup of gimp, and did not find any windows off screen there either.
Unless I'm missing something, linuxconf still looks to be a console app
than runs in a terminal, unless you're talking about gnome-linuxconf?
Again, that app was fully on-screen here at 1024x768. At any rate, I don't
believe any of this is PPC specific.

MandrakeSoft
PPC FAQ: http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/ppcFAQ.php3
IRC: irc.freenode.net #cooker-ppc