On Friday, May 30, 2003, at 03:35 PM, Stew Benedict wrote:

On Fri, 30 May 2003, Jeffrey Hergan wrote:

I searched the lists and it said that to install 9.1 on an eMac I
should try:

installgui-benh text

That doesn't work/exist.

So I try: install-gui-benh text  which leaves me with a black screen
after some text scrolls quickly by.

So what's the secret to installing on an eMac?

Don't know for sure this will work but try adding

video=ofonly

to your boot arguments

Good call, Stew! If I use:

install-gui-benh text video=ofonly

I can get into the installation process.

But I have a (prolly silly) question.

How do I create unallocated space on the eMac, which will not let me boot into OS 9 to use Apple's Disk Utility?

When I get it running, I'll send a full report/howto on what I did.

Thanks,
Jeff