On Tue, 1 Jul 2003, Micah Buckley-Farlee wrote:

> I might be able to host it, depending on the demand. Would 2000MB/month
> bandwidth be enough?
> --Micah

OK,

Thanks everyone for the hosting offers.  I had several offers to host, but
little interest in using cooker, so perhaps it's a wasted effort anyway.

I forgot I don't even need that  much space, just kernels and stage1.  I
put it on my web space:

http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~sbenedict/cooker-ppc/MandrakeLinux-cooker.ppc.iso
http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~sbenedict/cooker-ppc/MandrakeLinux-cooker.ppc.md5

My experience:

Couldn't get stage2 from a mirror site, even though it was there.  Local
ftp worked fine.  So, I mirrored one of the mirrors locally yesterday and
did an install tonight.

Issues:

old advertising graphics
package errors:

popt
rpm
perl-URPM
dosfstools
sawfish
libsoup3
libqtvision1
librep
rep-gtk
abiword
MHonArc
librep9
tcptraceroute
kvirc
sawfish-themes
gnome-tiles
sympa
kwintv
gnome-network

popt and rpm showed up each time it was time to install additional
packages (dhcp setup, X setup etc.)

On boot, I dropped into maintenance mode, due to no devfsd. I also
discovered the was no /etc/yaboot.conf, just the example one. There was no
error related to setting up the bootloader during install.

I couldn't mount my bootstrap to grab my original one, as I was booting a
different kernel than the installed one, so no modules. (shared /boot).

I have to believe the above issues are due to either the packages errors
or a mismatch between the installer libs and the cooker system, as the
installer stage1/stage2 are the same images as 9.1, with just edited text
for 9.2.

Anyway, it's out there if anyone wants it.

MandrakeSoft