On Thu, 10 Jul 2003, Brice Figureau wrote:

>On Thu, 2003-07-10 at 13:27, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>> Yes, I have the same behaviour on my ibook 2rev2 700 combo (MDK9.1).
>> More precisely I boot in text mode (with video=ofonly) and every think
>> is fine but when I start X with [sudo /etc/init.d/dm start], X 4.3 with
>> dri works but the virtual text consoles (alt-ctrl-function keys) aren't
>> useable any longer (the screen is really dark) and it seems to be a
>> contrast problem since the luminosity setting can't fix the problem.
>> There might be a problem with the radeon driver or the screen settings.
>> If I kill X, the console remains dark and I can't use the machine any
>> longuer (except remotely).
>>
>> Does anyone has a clue on how to fix it?
>
>Use a recent benh kernel (2.4.21-ben0 or more) to fix that problem.
>Mandrake Club have a downloadable version.

Great but:

I've found this, but no benh 2.4.21 in rpm:
http://rpms.mandrakeclub.com/rpms/MandrakeClub/test/9.1/ppc/kernel-benh-2.4.20-10mdk.ppc.html

Google can't find anything as well. So where is it? Which source
should I add to my urpmi settings? Is it in the 9.1 or the Cooker
branch?

(I'm a MandrakeClub member)

Cheers,

Olivier