On Sun, 21 Jul 2003, Alex Thurgood wrote:

> Le dim 20/07/2003 à 13:37, Christiaan Welvaart a écrit :
> > On 18 Jul 2003, Alex Thurgood wrote:
> >
> > > Hi all,
> > > Sound doesn't seem to working or recognized by the installation of 8.2
> > > on my G3 OldWorld. Any pointers, hints, etc ?
> >
> > I get the best results with ALSA, but I don't know if the version in the
> > kernel you use is recent enough. You should probably upgrade to 9.1 ...
> > just do:
> > modprobe snd-pcm-oss
> > modprobe snd-card-awacs
> > modprobe snd-powermac
> >

> OK, thanks, I'll try this out and see what happens. I don't really want
> to upgrade to 9.1 though, it took me long enough to get the 8.2 CDs from
> MandrakeSoft in the first place.

Should you want the OSS driver, it's dmasound_pmac.  Works OK on all my
Apple machines.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] stew]$ grep sound /etc/modules.conf
alias sound-slot-0 dmasound_pmac

The alias may have been slightly different in 8.2.  That's from 9.1 and I
don't have an 8.2 install handy at the moment.

MandrakeSoft