Hello,

I have installed MDK 9,1 on my PPC 9600.
It has a scsi 4GB HD and scsi CD-ROM with PCI ATA-100 control which has
a 20GB IDE HD attached.

I have installed the root '/' on the scsi hd with a 3GB partition
'/dev/sda7'.  There is a 1GB partition for mac os 9.
The 20GB ide hd has been setup for '/home'

I have setup BootX with the following settings:

Kernel: vmlinuz-2.4.21-0.13mdk
ramdisk: initrd-2.4.21-0.13mdk.img
arguments: root=/dev/sda7 devfs=mount

When MKD boots, the scsi drives are found with the mesh driver.  However
the Kernel ends in a panic.
Here is the output:

Mounting /proc filesystem
Creating root device
Mounting root filesystem with flags noatime
mount: error 6 mounting ext3 flags noatime
well, Retrying without the option flags
mount: error 6 mounting ext3
well, Retrying read-only without the option flags
mount: error 6 mounting ext3
pivotroot: pivot_root(/sysroot,/sysroot/initrd) failed: 2
Remounting devfs at correct place if necessary
Mounted devfs on /dev
Freeing unused kernel memory: 160k init 4k chrp 8k prep
Kernel panic: No init found.  Try passing init= option to kernel.
        <0>Rebooting in 180 seconds..

Regards,

Ben Martin