On Sat, 13 Sep 2003 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Ok, I capitulate!!
>
> After many instaltions with anymore configurations I think it's impossible
> for me to install MandrakePPC 9.1 at my fu.... iBook. More precisely to get
> the Xserver running without flickering stripes on the screen.
>
> So far I installed benh-10mdk kernel. After this I boot with
> "video=radeonfb" but no effect flickering stripes on the screen again.
> Then I used drakboot for configure yaboot. I add "video=radeonfb" in the
> append line but on the next reboot it takes no effect too.
>
> Everytime I look at drakboot in the append line "acpi=off" is listed. Why?
> Who play drakboot, DrakBoot in MandrakeControlcenter and yaboot.conf together?
> If I used one of this tools to add an new kernel for boot this kernel is
> never listet at startup. I can't select him for booting the system. Why?

Drakboot is guilty.  Someone didn't consider other arches when they added
the acpi stuff.

> Is there anybody with exact the same iBook and has Xserver running? PLEASE
> HELP ME!!

The usual fallback when the native driver doesn't work is to use

Driver "fbdev"

in /etc/X11/XF86Config-4

rather than "ati" or "radeon"

How can you say no-one has helped you if you just joined the list?

MandrakeSoft