For your information:
______________________________________

Begin forwarded message:

From: Chris Slothouber <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Tue Sep 16, 2003  4:01:20 PM US/Central
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [Netatalk-admins] Linux to MacOS

On 2003-09-16 16:27, "Tomas Taylor" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi there,

I have an ethernet cossover between Mandrake Linux for PPC 9.1 on a PowerBook
G3 and MacOS 10.2 on a PowerBook G4. The first question I have is do I need
to install natatalk on both laptops or just one?

Are there any special installation instructions, flag usage, etc that I should
know about?

Thanks,
Tomas Taylor

Hello Tomas,

With 10.2 and Mandrake, you will be better of to use Samba instead of
AppleTalk.

Please consider these URLs for information:

 OS X - http://xamba.sourceforge.net/ssp/index.shtml
Linux - http://en.tldp.org/HOWTO/SMB-HOWTO.html

I hope this information helps. Thanks.

Kind regards,

Chris Slothouber              Threshold Internet Solutions
                              http://thresholdinternet.com
                                   ph: +1.888.762.6164 x84

[EMAIL PROTECTED]