Pascal Rigaux wrote:

> Real Ouellet <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > i'd like to try cooker on my machine, but so far it is difficult.  After
> > downloading a mirror (with the excellent 'lftp'), i made an iso image
> > (with the 'boot' image, not a 'mdkinstall...' ), burned a CD and was
> > happily installed the thing until it arrived to the ethernet portion on
> > the install.
> >
> > Instead of autodetecting my Intel-Pro100 hardware, it showed me a list
> > of all possible cards. I specified the pro-100 and told it to
> > 'autoprobe' the card (for its parameters), but the thing never
> > acknowledged that i had such a card in my boxen.
> >
> > Slightly disturbed, i re-installed Mandrake 6.0, and this time burned a
> > iso image with the 'mdkinstall_cdrom' boot image (i  _really_  wanted to
> > try out cooker).  This is the Panoramix.  With expectations, i tried
> > again to install the thing.  There were many many glitches, but i
> > eventually discovered that the 'install ethernet' portion of the
> > Panoramix tool did not actually do anything.
> >

> should be there now :)
>
> as for your card, you're using the eepro100 module aren't you?

Yes. I guess i could simply load that module after everything else is
installed. But, this is not the normal behaviour...

> > At this point, i just reinstalled Mandrake 6.0-2, and i'll wait & see if
> > anybody else has those problems.
> >
> > BTW, Panoramix is nice, but mucho slower than the text version of the
> > install tool.  Unless speed is greatly enhanced, this tool wil only be
> > used by those who know no better.
> >

> can you tell me the memory size you have and your cdrom speed?

128 MB RAM.  The cdrom is a DVD device (40X, i believe) on a fast SCSI bus
(AHA2940).  The hard disk is
a 10K rpm from IBM, on the ultra2-lvd socket of the SCSI controller.  It
normally takes about 9-10 minutes to do a full install with the text tool (~
1.2 GB).  Whenever  i am able do the same with the graphic tool, i can report
the time.  However, i could not simply do that with the graphic tool.  When i
selected the 'Install all', it did not do that (one of the many glitches).
But i DID install a few packages, and the graphics refreshes made it look
like it was going slower than the text tool.  I had a feeling it was due to
the graphic progress updates on the screen.

> thanks, cu Pixel.

No Problemo!

P.S.: i have a rather nice sunset picture i took here in Quebec for
background screen.  Is it something yoiu guys might be interested in?

Real   ([EMAIL PROTECTED])