Axalon Bloodstone wrote:

> Did you determine if the DOS=noauto solves your boot problems?

Axalon,

I've FINALLY got some time to some testing on the win98 autoboot
problem.

DOS=noauto does not work. It tried it alone and at the end of the
DOS=UMB,noauto.

I DID find that by REM out himem.sys the problem went away. So
apparently somehow the himem.sys locks the file system. I'll do some
more research on a switch for this. Even if you put a warning message in
the text file that using the new OS boot disk requires hitting F5 when
you see the booting <OS> messgae. This will bypass all config.sys and
autoexec.bat files will work. The only down side to this is you would
not have Cdrom support. So I will still try to find a better answer.

Lorne