Hi!

Quoting John Dawson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> It it supposed to be possible to install Mandrake 6.1 (or Cooker) from
> a SCSI CD-ROM?  I'd really like to be able to do this, since my IDE
> CD-ROM can't read CD-RW-media disks; only my SCSI Plextor drive can.
> But although the install process will let me load the aic7xxx.o driver,
> it doesn't let me pick /dev/sr0 for the CD-ROM device; it only lets me
> use /dev/hdc.

I have no problem installing Cooker with my SCSI Cdrom and aic7xxx driver
either with Panoramix or with the traditional installer since I first
started copying Cooker many weeks ago.

               Kai.

P.S.
 I also got a Plextor... But I never tried CD-RW. That might be your
 problem?

--
Kai Nielsen, Berlin              Time and again I tell myself
"She turns me on                 I'll stay clean tonight