I have two major problems:

1
Locales does not work. The first issue is with WindowMaker ( from cvs )
that reports : translated messages none  ( at the end of configure )
Other things like gcombust ( just now I'm working on italian language ) detect
the localization and use the right .po
Because of this I can think that the trouble is something coming from WM.

But just today I have tryed to compile the latest GCC 2.96 ( snapshot ). The
make bootstrap-lean go on but stops at:
no rules to make target it_IT needed by "native"

This is because I have to translate gnorpm .po for the author but there is
no way to compile cvs source of gnorpm with GCC 2.95.1 (  the same
with Mandrake 6.0 and 6.1 )
I have trouble also with XCLASSES and XC-MAIL.
All these sources can be compiled with GCC 2.8.x

2
Compiling new kernel 2.3.21
The first thing is that : make mrproper reports that asm is a directory.
(error1)
Ok, I have removed the asm dir and created a new symlink to asm.i386
Everything works but at the end ( creating vmlinuz) :

kernel.o(.data+0x148c): undefined reference to sysrq_enabled
char.o in function : handle_scancode
char.o text.(+0x6094): undefined reference to sysrq_enabled

I'm not a developer... :) Whats wrong???
ahh... I read better than write :-))))))

Many thanks
Alessandro