Kaixo!

On Thu, Dec 09, 1999 at 11:25:52AM -0500, A.Sleep wrote:

> Same goes here, except it's for ALL the GNOME apps, gnome-terminal, panel,
> etc... seems that all the GNOME (maybe all the gtk?) apps need esound.

Yes.

> I never realized that before, that's pretty stupid.
>
> We should be able to rpm -ivh that badboy and keep running right?

No, we can't. If the program is compiled with sound support it needs libesd
(even if not used).
If it isn't compiled with sound then people with a sound card won't be
able to enjoy it.

A real solution would need a different way of writing the main libs; not
link them with libesd; but rather use functiosn to dynamically load
shared libs.
The problem is that such functions aren't available in all platforms
supported by Gnome; and also maybe it is much more complicated to do with
autoconf.

--
Ki ça vos våye bén,
Pablo Saratxaga