On Thu, 23 Dec 1999, Troy Unrau wrote:

> You guys come up with the perfect distribution in every way possible.
> Everything is standard.  You can change some stuff without the entire thing
> going bezerk and not letting you change your themes as in Caldera.  But my only
> grief, and the only reason for not using Mandrake anymore is where you put the
> wm's.  For instance, I don't care about the bloody FHS, but kde must go in
> /opt/kde.  If it isn't there, I simply won't use them.  I hate having /usr/bin
> full to the brim with files that are in no way associated with each other.  And
> I really hate reinstalling every single kde related package in order to move
> it.  If exceptions to the rules can be made for X, why the hell not for kde.
> Just make it an install option (put kde in /opt/kde) or something and I'll go
> back to using Mandrake, but otherwise... please?!
>
> Thanks for listening.  Feel free to flame, comment, etc.  Just send it back to
> my personal address since I am no longer subscribed to this list.
>
> Troy

You can use --relocate option on most of the rpms so you can put them
anywhere you want. We follow FHS (to an extent), but mostly we try to
remian compatible with what Redhat does. So basicly, you don't like where
kde goes thats cool move it, freedom of choice baby :)

--
MandrakeSoft          http://www.mandrakesoft.com/
                                        --Axalon