Hi

I just tried to install mandrake 7 beta 1, but I didn't finish it yet (no
time).

Anyway, I noticed a few glitches in the first stages of install (with my
particular hardware).

Everything went ok until it got to SCSI detection... I do have a SCSI card,
but currently there is no kernel support for it and the manufacturer is
still working to fix the linux-drivers. (see
http://www.advance-peripherals.com/ for their website, in german)

It seems to detect some kind of artop card (but I can't see it, because the
window is replaced by another messagebox asking for retry.

I have two problems with this:
1) I would like to keep seeing the "detected" hardware (so I can report it
to you properly ;-)
2) I get the feeling of an unbreakable loop in the installation when the
retry box appears, even though I can click on the next install item on the
left. (this should be in there with the retry option, (like <fail> in dos
when trying to access a drive that isn't there).

When I do click on the next install item, it returns each time to the
failing SCSI installation. This is really a bug, I think.

When I got to the security setup, I noticed it was set to low by default, I
believe I read somewhere that it would be set to medium by default and that
there would be more levels available (stronger than high, "jailhouse")

I'll continue the installation when I have some time for it, but other than
the mentioned problems, it looks good so far...

Cheers

Simon

e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] or [EMAIL PROTECTED]
by day: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
icq: 7542948  web: http://margo.student.utwente.nl/simon/