--
< Gael DUVAL - [EMAIL PROTECTED] >
< +33-661 957 028 FAX: +1-435 304 1806 >

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not. Since I'm new to Linux, it
certainly confused me. I spent a good part of yesterday installing beta
7 and for the most part, impressed with the ease of getting everything
setup. This morning I booted Linux and Kudzu came up saying that my
configuration had changed. (?) Ok, the scanner was turned off so I told
it to KEEP CONFIGURATION. When XServer started, all my stettings were
gone. No Gnome. Just KDE and Failsafe. There was no shutdown. When I
started KDE my desktop theme was different. None of the software that I
installed was there. I'm really confused.

Could it be the IP address? I have it setup as LAN, but it is really my
cable modem which worked great last night. I'm not sure if I have a
fixed IP or not. I've never noticed. I'd like to have everything back
because I spent hours getting my scanner to work. Thanks

Gary Russell
Maryville, TN