On Tue, 28 Dec 1999, you wrote:
Tue, 28 Dec 1999> On Tue, Dec 28, 1999 at 12:24:24PM +1100, Ron Stodden wrote:
Tue, 28 Dec 1999>
Tue, 28 Dec 1999> > I would discourage the maintaining of iso CD images as a
distribution
Tue, 28 Dec 1999> > method
Tue, 28 Dec 1999> [.....]
Tue, 28 Dec 1999>
Tue, 28 Dec 1999> Fully agreed ....
Tue, 28 Dec 1999>
Tue, 28 Dec 1999> > Better still, why do you not provide an rsync server?
Tue, 28 Dec 1999>
Tue, 28 Dec 1999> Yes, exact my opinion ....
Tue, 28 Dec 1999>
Tue, 28 Dec 1999> But, there are some rsync servers:
Tue, 28 Dec 1999>
Tue, 28 Dec 1999>     rsync://rpmfind.net/linux/MandrakeCooker/oxygen
Tue, 28 Dec 1999>     rsync://rsync.proxad.net/mandrake
Tue, 28 Dec 1999>     rsync://sunsite.uio.no/linux/Mandrake
Tue, 28 Dec 1999>
Tue, 28 Dec 1999> to name few of them.
Tue, 28 Dec 1999>
Tue, 28 Dec 1999> > Persons requiring CDs must in any case have the necessary 640Mb to
Tue, 28 Dec 1999> > download the ISO image, so why not download the files image instead
Tue, 28 Dec 1999> > and install from hd?  Going to CD makes no sense at all, so it
follows
Tue, 28 Dec 1999> > that an iso image makes no sense at all.  Right?
Tue, 28 Dec 1999>
Tue, 28 Dec 1999> As I would say ....
Tue, 28 Dec 1999>
Tue, 28 Dec 1999>
What about computers with slow internet connections or no internet connections
at all?  There seems to be a little computer snobbery going on on this list.
Between this and the fact that it is assumed that everyone is installing on big
fancy machines witha lot of memory and good graphics cards.  Some people need to
use cd's in order to install an machines that do not have a net connection or
maybe machines with out support for thier pcmcia net card.

 --
Douglas F. Elznic
<dfelznic @ syr.edu>