OK, I fixed it. I apparently had a  file called "ifcfg-"  in my
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts directory. I don't know how it got there.,
but it would account for my blank adaptor 1 settings so I deleted it and it
does not segfault any mor. I'll be trying to re-upgrade Mandrake to see if it
does it again. Also I still don't know why the Upgrade changed my hostname.
I'll try it again and see if it does it. Also, is there any way to disable
waiting for ppp0 to come up on the bootup? I liked it like it was in the older
mandrake where it just started up in the background. Ohh yeah, and when you
bring up networking from draconf to get  the security patches, how come ppp0 is
never brought up?? I have one of those cheesy half-duplex cable modems and it
would be really good if ppp0 could be brought up.

> could you mail me your /etc/sysconfig?
>
> is it an upgrade? from which version?
> what hardware do you have?
>
> thanks, cu Pixel.

       "Anyone who is capable of getting themselves elected President should
 on no account be allowed to do the job."
        --Some wisdom from the Book