At Wednesday, 29 December 1999, you wrote:

>If I don't wanna download all the rpms, can I just leave the ones
I don't
>want out of the RPMS directory and expect the install to work just fine
>excluding all the ones I don't have or do I have to do a little
modifying?

>I also have a recommendation for future installers: A lot of ADSL
users in
>the USA and and Canada have to use the PPPoE protocol now instead
of DHCP.
>It would be really nice to be able to do an ftp install using PPPoE.
The
>clients are pretty stable now and I think that SUSE even includes
one in
>their distro...
>
>Eddy Cooper

Dear Eddy,

I've mixed n matched 6.1 & Oxygen and its working ok. I've only taken
the
perl stuff, kernels rpms, binutils, libstdcc+, etc...

I'd just say to make sure you've got your lilo.conf & passwd + shadow
files backed up.. Don't set your kernel to the highest security levels
until you can login ok as root... I had major problems after doing
that..

I hope this help you with my experiences :)

Tux is a Penguin with an open heart for all of mankind to learn from :-)