Hello!

--- stephen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> a écrit:

> sorry, my opinion, nothing against wine, get vmware and do it
> properly.
> memo: must try vmware on a box

You mean that you are recommending a software that you have yet to use?

I've installed it on Oxygen (I actually have a license that costed me
75$US back in july 1999) and countless other distrib before it.  Its
really quality software in the sense that it is user friendly and
install everytime without problems.  The engineering is nice too.  But
there's no hiding that Win'98 is still too slow on my dual Celeron with
128mb RAM...

The problem seems to lie in disk accesses... The other emulated
subsystems are pretty fast according to benchmarks.

One other big disavantage is that you need a Windows license too
(except if you're a pirate of course! ;-) ).

I'm guessing that the performance you get from Wine are superior - the
problem being that it does not support the whole API.  We're not
helping by using proprietary and closed software that's for sure!

So I wouldn't spread the word that VMWARE is the solution to all
problems in Linux (lack of Office software, lack of great games)
because it isn't.

bye,

=====
Ricky Ng-Adam               Capitaine du projet S.O.N.I.A.
Montréal (Québec)        [École de Technologie Supérieure]