Chmouel Boudjnah wrote:

> David Walluck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > Lou Guerriero wrote:
> > > Another thing I found odd... right clicking on the desktop allowed me to
> > > make
> > > a folder, but not a kdelnk shortcut. Took me a minute to figure out how
> > > to make a folder....   make a link inside it...... copy the link to the
> > > desktop..... and delete the original folder.   Quite the silly work around.
> >
> > This is a bug (I think). They moved the Templates from Desktop to $HOME,
> > which makes them not work anymore. The only Template I see is "Folder",
> > but there should be about 4 more.
>
> the last kdesupport should fix this.
>
>                                   --Chmouel

kdesupport isn't the only problem; etcskel is also a problem.

[david@walluck skel]$ find /etc/skel -name Templates
/etc/skel/.kde/Templates
find: /etc/skel/tmp: Permission denied

If "Templates" should be in ~/Desktop, then etcskel needs to be fixed.
However, if ~/.kde/Templates in the correct location, it is not
reflected in the current KDE packages, because I still only see "Folder"
under new files types, so kdesupport still needs to be fixed. By the
way, in there any way to update existing users home directories after a
new etcskel RPM is installed? This is meant for new users, so existing
users don't see the benefits of this. I realize we probably do not want
to overwrite existing files, but if there is a fix to etcskel, existing
users never see it.

--
Sincerely,

David Walluck