background

 i have an isa and 2 pci device modules written for work, orig on a
mandrake 5.3 box, recently migrated to 2.2.xx on a m6.1(mcp) helios
upgrade.

istr originally having similar probs with 2.2.13-4mdk, until upgrading
to 2.2.13-22mdk. lots of references to very low level kernel structures
not being correctly seen, missing semi-colons in the kernel include files.

trying to compile on an oxygen-2 install, gave lots of references to
similar things, but in far greater quantity.

i currently got that box running 2.2.13-22mdk and ended up redoing my
make files (interlude- the cat has transported on to my lap and is
chirpping at me- why i don't know although i suspect tummy tickling is
reqd :-)

this seemed to sort the problem ( answer to both) !!

the cat i know about, its the makefile bit i don't follow

has make version changed ? it says gnu 3.77

srp

ps linuxberg has surfaced 7:30pm gmt