On Fri, 07 Jan 2000, you wrote:
> Keith Conger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > I have 7.0 running great on my single p3 500. I have a second p3 500 cpu
> > and dual motherboard on there way. Can anyone give me some tips on how
> > to get smp up running soomthly. I any info or tips would be great. I
> > don't wanna fly blind.:)

last night i reinstalled from scratch 7C ( iso number 3 ) ( previously
using 7A) , i have a dual pII 350, 256 MB, on a Tekram P640D-A5 , and
it installed everything just perfectly........

i did the install in expert mode, and when the lilo prompt came up, i
just selected the smp kernel as the default and away she went.....

restarted and it came up no problem what so ever......

give it a try that way, it works for me, besides, you can always
re-install if it does not work out the first time, but i think
considering how nice 7C is, you should have no probs installing on the
dual what so ever.....

also, i only installed KDE and apps, ( my preference ) everything gnome
i left out , takes a little bit more time selecting everything, but it
was well worth it for me

David