Kaixo!

On Wed, Jan 12, 2000 at 09:58:54AM -0800, Brian J. Murrell wrote:

> I tried to run ispell.  I get:
>
> $ ispell ~/doc/doc.txt
> Can't open /usr/lib/ispell/english.hash
>
> So taking a look at the ispell package, there is no dictionary file(s).

No. the dictionnary files have been split by languages.

> What package should I load to get them?

That depends on what language(s) you want to spell check.
For english it is ispell-en, for german ispell-de etc.

then you use it with 'ispell -D language file' with 'language' depending
on the language dictionnary (you can do a 'rpm -ql ispell-xx | grep hash'
to have the various names; use them without the .hash)

> Are they supposed to come from
> another package?  Should some kind of dependency be set up?

The dependency cannot be set on the ispell package; as it depends on
which language the user wants.

During install DrakX should pre-select the ispell-xx package corresponding
to the language you choose.

--
Ki ça vos våye bén,
Pablo Saratxaga