[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> my first attempt with linux-Mandrake 6.0 on a 586 computer with a video card worked
>ok.
> I upgraded to a pc100 motherboard with onboard video ( sis 620) with 8 meg of ram,
>and found that the display was unusable
> What I would like to know is, if I purchased LINUX-MANDRAKE 6.1 or 6.5
> would either of these be compatible with my system

Yes

I have used it on one of those PCChips PC100 boards and also the Shuttle 598 which is
a much better made board with the same
chipset.  The XFree 3.3.5 on those distributions (which are really the same one
marketed differently)  handles the 530 and
620 chipsets and the 6326 very well indeed.  On a few boards it is necessary to turn
off video acceleration, but those are
mainly poor implementations of the 6326.

Civileme