To whom may be concerned,

I' ve just downloaded the release 7.0 beta and so I've tried to install it.
But....

This is my hardware configuration:

    Intel pentium II 350 MHz
    96 MB Ram
    Sis 6326 (video-board)
    Philips 107 MB (monitor)
    Adaptec AVA-2904  SCSI adapter with 2 CD connected

The installation begins in text mode (like release 6.1) but with very ugly
colors...(it's not important for me).
When the prompt asks me where are locared the installation files and I
select CDROM driver (are there), the installation program is not able to
mount CDROM file system and the program is stalled until I press crtl+c.
After I press ctrl+c the installtion program displays Kernel Panic Can't
mount file system of ... device.

I hope that my report is helpfully to improve the Mandrake 7.0 distribution.

Best Regards,

Alessandro Degola
Software Developer