    W> Well evidently due to some new legal snafu's The formal 7.0
    W> release now has ; MySQL_GPL-3.20.32a-1

    W> While contribs has; MySQL-3.22.25-6

    W> Could some gifted MySQL person offer some suggestions to less
    W> evolved Mandrake users and practicioners?

What do you need to know?  3.20 is a GPL release which is unsupported
by the authors, whereas the more stable and debugged 3.22 is
proprietary software, and as such is available in binary form only.

My guess is that you could only distribute the binary with Mandrake if
you licence it, so you have the GPL in the installation, but can offer
a mirror of the commercial release (are these fairly similar rules to
distributing StarOffice or Corel WP/Linux?)

--
Gary Lawrence Murphy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  TeleDynamics Communications Inc
Business Telecom Services : Internet Consulting : http://www.teledyn.com