Jon Crandell wrote:

> The grapic installs works well until it comes time to the X-server
> configured.
>
> I have yet to get any Linux X server to work with this setup.
>
> Jaton Video-107 AGP  3D 8MB
> Chipset - Trident 9880 Blade3D
>
> I am using this with:
> AMD K-2/350
> FIC 503+ motherboard w/ 128MB SDRAM
>
> Monitor: Dell 17FS-N
>
> Any suggestions on how to make the video work in X?

Most likely after you set up everything in Xconfigurator, you can escape
to console mode and
edit

/etc/X11/XF86Config

In the Devices Section that mentions the Jaton/Trident add the line

       Option  "noaccel"

The SVGA server under XFree86 for the Trident tried to accelerate all
modes except 24 bit color depth, and it works for a lot of cards and for
some mothewrboard chipsets.  The Jaton is a corner-cutting
implementation of the Trident Chipset and cannot handle accelerated
mode.  Actually, not cheap in quality but in design.

I'd give you a 90% chance of success with that one change.

Civileme