On 19 Jan 2000, Pixel wrote:

> no need, the module is 3c589_cs.o as expected. It is available at install time,
> but if it is not detected, the list from which you can choose modules is not the
> right one :(
>
> i'll try to make a patched pcmcia.img to work-around this tomorrow.

This ties into the same problem I had (mailed earlier too but didn't know
if it got to the list...), you can't select pcmcia cards for network
interfaces at the initial install, so they aren't configured either.
After running "netconfig" the card was detected and working, but the
pcmcia startup had to be moved ahead of the network startup.  (moved from
S45 to S09)  Not having the card availible during the initial config also
made it impossible to download ssh/openssl packages during the install.

-dws