Chmouel Boudjnah wrote:

> "Clifford Yapp" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> >      I tried to install the new Aureal Sound Drivers
> > (http://linux.aureal.com) on my machine, but I got some kind of error I
> > don't know how to interpret.  I have a Turtle Beach Montego II soundcard,
> > which seems to have A3D in the specs.  The complaint seems to be about a
> > busy device, but I don't know what that would be since I definitely don't
> > have sound support.  Does anyone know what this would mean?  Do I need to
> > recompile the kernal with some different options or something?
>
> humm i'll build a kernel rpm with the driver, if it's not so much work
> to adapt it (and opensource !!).
>
>                                   --Chmouel

I have a diamond sonic S90... I installed the "vortex1" sound files. I didn't
know it was working until I got up from a nyquil nap. I started up GAIM. (AIM
clone)  and all of a sudden.. Little sounds!
I am listening with real player now too
My suggestion is make sure you have the correct driver.. there are 3 different
ones.. I double checked before I grabbed one..then agin an RPM would be nice.
My event sounds don't seem to be working yet... but I haven't logged off and
back in yet either.

Take Care

Chris